When reviewing citation software, consider the following:
- How do you gather references?
- Do you have a bunch of PDFs on your computer that need organizing?
- Do you need to sync references and PDFs across different devices?
- What types of materials will you be working with?
- What databases will you be using?
- Do you work in languages other than English?
- How much patience and skill do you have for troubleshooting technical issues?
- How much money are you willing/able to spend?
Ease of sharing
- Are you working with collaborators?
- Do you want your research to lead you to other researchers with similar interests?
- Is this tool something you picture yourself using beyond your time at UCN?