Interlibrary Loan Service
What is Interlibrary Loan?
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a service offered to all students and faculty. If you need a book or article that is not available in the UCN Libraries' print or electronic collection, the library can submit a request to receive the book or article from another library.
The ILL process can take between 10-14 days to complete. Books shipped through the mail can take longer, so please plan your requests accordingly.
How Do I Request an Item?
There are two ILL request methods, depending on the source of your citation:
EBSCO Database Citations
If the article is found in an EBSCO database, but not in full-text, it may be requested through Interlibrary Loan.
- From the Results List in the EBSCO database click on: Request this item through Interlibrary Loan
- Fill in the form (only starred items need to be filled in).
- The database will automatically complete the citation information.
- Click on the submit button. The request will be sent to our ILL librarian to process.
- Articles will be e-mailed to you as soon as they arrive.
All Other Citations
Requests for articles or books from other sources (for example, from book bibliographies or non-EBSCO databases) may be requested by emailing ILL@ucn.ca or using the provided link https://ucn.desktracker.net/public/form/zeC1gQ5WKys4kNo. Please include as many details as possible. Library staff will contact you.
University College of the North
436 7th Street East, P. O. Box 3000
The Pas, MB.
Phone: 204-677-6408 Thompson
Phone: 204-627-8561 The Pas
NLC Code: MTPK